It isn’t just organizations making a difference in the world. Many companies are also making a difference. It isn’t just big Fortune 500 companies giving back a portion of their proceeds to the community, many small companies are founded on a principle of philanthropy.
One such company named Love and Water Designs was founded in 2009 by Alexis Fedor. Love and Water Designs’ mission is to connect artists with charities to create unique, cause-inspired works of art as Wearable Philanthropy.
Love and Water Designs began when Fedor was planning to start her own business. She states, “I wanted to start a company with the mission of giving back to good causes at its core. I also knew I wanted to engage artists in this effort, and the idea of building a community that consists of artists and charities really inspired me.” She began with the idea of having artists create new designs for t-shirts inspired by charities. A portion of the profits are given back to the charities while spreading the word about their mission.
Love and Water Designs is a for-profit company that gives up to 50% off all profits back to the causes that inspire the designs. Any member of the website can submit a design inspired by a charity. Members also help choose which shirts are printed and tell the company which causes to focus on at any given time. Fedor states, “We are open to spreading the word about charities that give back in new and exciting ways.
The Love and Water Designs website provides a platform for artists who are interested in giving back to create work and share that work with other artists and causes. Fedor continues, “We want our artists to interact with each other, and with the causes they are creating work for.” The company also serves as an opportunity for artists to gain unlimited exposure by sharing their designs online and on the shirts that are purchased. They also provide additional exposure and help raise awareness for each charity featured on the site.
Love and Water Designs is currently in the process of implementing a Youth Division and have recently received over 15 design submissions from high school students for our select charity project in the name of Global Glimpse.
How can you become involved?
- Become a member of the Love and Water Designs website. Membership is free and you even have an opportunity to earn a free shirt by suggesting charities or inviting your friends to join their community.
- Submit t-shirt designs or encourage your artistic friends to submit a design.
- Browse the charity profiles featured on the website to learn more about them.
- Suggest a charity for the site to profile. Each charity with a profile on their site must have a 501c3 status, must be based in the United States or Europe and must be providing services and/or programs that aim to support a humanitarian issue.
- Vote for the designs that have been inspired by various charities.
- Shop a wide selection of designs and know that up to 50% of the proceeds are donated to the charity that inspired the design.